The Most Efficient Way to Use Icons If You’re A Designer or Developer.
UX Power Tools – Medium | Jon Moore
Not just how to do it, but WHY it’s better than any other way.
Confession: This article is intentionally polarizing so that someone will write an angry comment and give me a more efficient solution.
Maybe it’s manipulation. I call it The Predictability of the Internet 😉
Icons are a huge pain in my ass:
- They have to look homogenous (similar visual style)
- They have to have bounding boxes
- They have to work when they’re really big and really small
- They have to be easy to design with
- They have to be easy to code with
- They have to be performant (side note: Peter Nowell is the king ...
Featured articles on Prototypr:
Supported by the Adobe Fund for Design.