Figma Now Integrates with Zeplin – Figma Design
Companies design, prototype and build their digital products in many different ways. At Figma, we want to support systems of all stripes, so teams can collaborate using the process that works best for them.
That’s why I’m so excited about today’s news: We’ve integrated with Zeplin, a popular hand-off app for UI designers and front-end developers. Zeplin focuses solely on the developer experience, presenting the data to engineers in an intuitive way.
We’ve received a lot of requests for a Zeplin integration over the years. If you’re a Figma fan whose workflow depends on this dev tool, now you can transition seamlessly between the two applications.
Unlike Figma’s code mode, where the assets are always up to date for the developer, you’ll need to re-export your designs to Zeplin whenever you make a change to the original.
To enable Figma and Zeplin follow these steps:
- Download Zeplin and create a project (experimental is fine)
- Go to Figma and enable Zeplin by selecting the top left hamburger menu>>integrations>>Zeplin
- Make a frame in Figma
- Select the frame, hit export and choose “export to Zeplin”
- The Zeplin application will automatically open. Choose “import”
- Voila! Your Figma design can now be viewed in Zeplin.
As the product design space goes through an unprecedented eruption of innovation 🌋, integrations like this help teams work together in smoother, more efficient ways. We’re continuing to build out our platform, and we are always looking for interesting new partners like Zeplin, so shoot us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org if we’ve piqued your interest.